This blog post is a public copy of our monthly newsletter sent on August 22nd. If you'd like to receive upcoming updates by email, you can subscribe to our newsletter here.
There are a lot of updates and upcoming events in the next few weeks - like the second annual Replay conference! In case you need encouragement, check out these Top 10 Reasons to Attend Replay 2023.
This year at Replay, we will be hosting our first-ever Hackathon in Seattle, where you can get hands-on experience building applications with Temporal. Please make sure to register if you'd like to participate.
Additional updates are below!
Notable New Technology Features:
- To keep your Namespace secure and online, you must update the CA certificate for the Namespace before the certificate expires. See a newly released functionality on how to receive Certificate Expiration notifications.
- Private Previews started Workflow History Export. If you would like to participate, reach out to your Temporal point of contact for more information.
New On-Demand Webinar: Learn about setting up the Temporal SDK and Cloud Observability endpoint in order to leverage Temporal metrics for fine-tuning, scaling, and monitoring applications more effectively.
- We have released a new version of our Go SDK. Check out the latest on Go SDK v1.24.0 here.
New to Temporal?
Check out a few of the resources below to get more familiar with Temporal and start building applications today:
- Video: Getting to know Temporal
- Tutorial: Getting started with Temporal
- Video: Yum! Brands Replay 2022 session
2023 Replay Conference
Hyatt Regency Bellevue on Seattle’s Eastside | September 12-14
Don’t miss out on the largest gathering of Temporal users and experts this year! Replay 2023 has speakers lined up from Netflix, Twilio, Yum! Brands, HashiCorp, Datadog, Microsoft, AWS, Stripe, and more. You'll learn how companies like yours adopt, use, and get value from Temporal. Take a look at the agenda and plan your trip.
Tickets are still available for purchase here.
New: Replay Hackathon To all you developers out there who felt you were missing something in your life, we have awesome news for you: for the first time ever, we’re hosting a Hackathon in Seattle! Alongside the Replay conference this year, we decided to bring something else to the community members who want to build applications with Temporal or try their hand at some rapid prototyping. Check out more details for our Hackathon at Replay here.
Replay After Party (Replay attendees only) On September 14, when all the Replay learning is done, join us at The Collective in Seattle for the official Replay After Party. Transportation will be provided from the Hyatt Regency Bellevue.
Find out more information and register here.
Road to Replay webinars With less than 30 days until Replay, we have a couple webinars for you to preview what's to come at the conference. Check out our Road to Replay webinars below.
- Available on-demand: Automation of Human-in-the-loop Workflows with Temporal featuring Han Mace, Software Engineer from Bugcrowd
- Available on-demand: Temporal Roadmap Summer 2023: A pre-Replay event
Upcoming Meetups & Events
Temporal Happy Hour | September 12
- Whether you're headed to Seattle for Replay or already live in town, we'd love to see you at this informal event! Attendees will have the opportunity to network with other Temporal users and meet with the team that builds Temporal. Register here.
Strangeloop | September 21-22
- The 10th and final Strangeloop is almost upon us and Temporal cannot wait to see you in St. Louis! Stop by our booth for chat. Get your ticket now!
GopherCon US | September 26-28
- Are you ready for all things Golang with Temporal? Stop by and see us at GopherCon US in San Diego. We’ll have expert demos, giveaways, and will dive deep into how Temporal can help you scale your code reliably.
New On-Demand Webinar: Learn about the Bugcrowd team's journey and use of Temporal in our second pre-Replay event.
- Debugging Production Code: Learn about time travel debugging and show how it relates to debugging your production code!
- Workflows as Actors: Part 2: Part 2 in this series dives into the example of a Workflow representing a customer's loyalty status.
- Parallelism and Concurrency: See how Temporal provides both with a durable, distributed event loop.