This blog post is a public copy of our monthly newsletter sent on January 26th. If you’d like to receive upcoming updates by email, you can subscribe to our newsletter here.
This year, we’re excited for even more meetups, more conferences, and new technical updates! Thanks to you, our community of developers is ever growing, and we wanted to take a look back at some of the highlights in this 2023 Year in Review blog post as we look forward to an exciting 2024.
For more information on updates and other things we’ve been working on, just keep reading! And as always, we’d love to hear from you—feel free to share feedback in our Community Slack, or on Twitter (@temporalio).
New Cloud Updates
The Temporal Cloud Operations API is now available as a Public Preview. You can now automate user, namespace, certificate rotation, and account management activities. See here for docs.
API Keys for use in the Cloud Operations API and Temporal Cloud CLI (tcld) are now available as a Public Preview. Global Administrators can opt their organizations into this feature to afford users the ability to generate API Keys for Cloud operations and automation purposes. See here for docs.
- PHP 2.7 includes support for Schedules, Workflow Start Delay, and Interceptors, and PHP 2.7.4 includes some performance and memory-usage optimizations.
- TypeScript 1.9 includes the experimental new Workflow Update feature, and enables reuseV8Context by default, which significantly reduces RAM and CPU usage
Webinar Series: Temporal Cloud: In this series of 5 half-hour webinars, the Temporal technical team will explain how we’ve built Temporal Cloud to deliver world-class latency, performance, and availability for the smallest and largest workloads.
Upcoming Meetups & Events
- Join us for an evening of technical talks, snacks and drinks, and meet with Bitovi and Temporal users and experts, including Kevin Phillips, Director of Backend Engineering at Bitovi, and Peter Sullivan, Solutions Architect at Temporal. Register here.
Temporal Meetup: Melbourne | Feb 22
- Temporal is co-hosting a meetup with Airwallex in Melbourne. Hear from engineers and product experts with Airwallex and Temporal. Register here.
DevWorld Conference | Feb 29
New Technical Guide: Deep dive into Saga patterns, their challenges, and how Temporal can help automate the process.
2024 Replay Conference
Replay 2024 will take place September 18-20th at the Hyatt Regency Bellevue on Seattle’s Eastside.
Super early bird tickets for Replay 2024 are on sale NOW for only $99 until March 6th. Get your ticket today.
- Application Reliability on Infrastructure Unreliability: Learn how to build applications on top of unreliable infrastructure.
- Convert my Cron into a Schedule: Leave traditional Cron jobs behind and learn how to switch them to Temporal Schedules.
- Very Long Running Workflows: In this guide, learn what to expect when building long-running workflows.