This blog post is a public copy of our monthly newsletter sent on July 25th. If you'd like to receive upcoming updates by email, you can subscribe to our newsletter here.
We have lots of new updates this month, like the release of Temporal 101 in Python and the .NET SDK is now available in Public Beta. There is also still plenty of time to grab a ticket for Replay, if you haven't already.
For more information on these updates and other things we've been working on, just keep reading! And as always, we'd love to hear from you—feel free to share feedback in our Community Slack group, or on Twitter (@temporalio), or simply reply to this message.
Notable New Technology Features:
- New: TypeScript SDK v1.8 has improved logging support and significant performance improvements. Release Notes for 1.8.0 and Release Notes for 1.8.1
- New: Java SDK v1.20 adds support for schedules and lays some groundwork for future features. Release Notes for 1.20.0 and Release Notes for 1.20.1
- .NET SDK is now in Public Beta: Repo, samples repo, and NuGet
Upcoming Meetups & Events
We Are Developers | July 27-28
- Temporal will be in Berlin for the We Are Developers Conference. Temporal Co-Founder and CEO Maxim Fateev will be giving a talk on Friday, July 28th at 9:40am CEST on Microstage 3. Tom Wheeler will be leading an Intro to Temporal Workshop on Friday, July 28th at 2:15pm CEST.
Berlin Meetup: Silicon Allee x Temporal Happy Haus | July 27
- Temporal is co-hosting a meetup with Silicon Allee, Germany's renowned startup and technology community. With a community of over 15k members, our own Maxim Fateev will be sharing valuable insights on the current dev landscape, the creation of Temporal, and its potential to benefit the community.
DevOpsDay Chicago | August 9-10
- Our very own Fitz will be giving a talk at DevOpsDays entitled, “Application-layer Reliability On Top Of Infrastructure Reliability” on August 10th at 10:40am. Use this link for 20% off tickets.
- Temporal will also be hosting a happy hour after the event on August 10th at 5:30pm in the Revival Food Hall. Register here.
Deterministic Execution with Chad: Check out this video where SDK engineer, Chad, goes in depth into determinism in our SDKs.
2023 Replay Conference
Hyatt Regency Bellevue on Seattle’s Eastside, September 12-14th
There are less than 50 days until our 2nd annual Replay conference! This year’s event will include three full days of workshops, talks, and topical discussions with members of the Temporal team and innovators from the broader community.
- Eric Johnson, Principal Developer Advocate, AWS
- Matt McDole, Senior Director, Digital Commerce, Yum! Brands
- Rob Zienert, Senior Software Engineer, Netflix
Find out more information and register here.
Explore the latest Temporal 101 in Python course! In this course, you will develop a small application with Workflows and Activities, learn how Temporal helps recover from failures, and experience the Web UI and command-line tools to interact with your Workflows. Check it out now!
Choreograph or Orchestrate? Learn about the different saga patterns and see which one works for you.
Workflows as Actors Read about the Actor Model and how to build Temporal Workflows that act like Actors.
Distributed Systems and Temporal Check out this handbook of terms for Distributed Systems.